Saturday 4 August 2012

And Here's To The Yellows!


So it’s the first Sunday of August and the world has suddenly become witness to another bout of vicarious arousal of friendly emotions. Yet another year.

The sweltering heat coupled with the unbearable murderous headache had made me snappy and no one, except the ice cold marble floor, seemed to be my Best Friend. Oh, I’m so going to make love to the floor tonight.

Since I’ve absolutely nothing to do in this state, I just end up thinking about the reason we forge friendships with people who may be nothing like us or might be the Siamese twin we never had. If we go into the scientific basis of this, you’ll come across lots of paraphernalia about the cravings of society by man, the partnerships to maintain an emotional and mental balance, blah blah blah.

I’m not writing this to dissect friendships or the base of it. This is just a piece to the beautiful people I have in my life.

Its commonly believed that the best friendships are the ones dating back to the childhood days when alliances were more likely based on innocence than any ulterior motive. Well, I’m not so sure any more. Of course, I still have people who have known me since the time I sported very unfashionable hair (hey ma, see you’re not forgiven yet!) and I still like to think we share quite a jolly camaraderie.

But as we grow up, we become different individuals in our own spaces. I like yellow, she likes green. And somehow it becomes extremely difficult to complement yellow and green because yellow is never green. And that is when we search for other ‘yellow’ people.

If I analyze my own friendships, I love the ‘green’s. But it’s the yellow’s I go to, to bare my soul.

I’ve tried, unsuccessfully at times, to cherish and celebrate all the people in my life. What sort of relationship we share, progressive, regressive or just plain stagnant doesn’t matter at times. But the ones who have loved me, cherished me and celebrated me are the ones I did not find toddling in my diapers.

They are the ones I found discussing scandal and highbrow-eyebrow rising stuff in the middle of the night in some oblivious hotel room where we have taken off for an impromptu vacation. The ones who drag me from store to store and even to the stores we are kicked out from for ahem… uncivil conduct. We make plans to elope with each other and live in the Kingdom of Far Far Away and then we remember the men in our lives and debate whether we should tow them along. Where we have common friends, common enemies and even common imaginable people ‘we no like’! Where past stories are dug up and not sympathy but warm loving understanding is what engulfs you.

I don’t call enough. I don’t meet you guys enough. Heck, I don’t even tell you what an intrinsic part of my life you are.

But I do love you. Forever more.


P.S: If you have to blame anyone for this serious sentimentalist piece, feel free to call up Archies and Hallmark!  

8 comments:

  1. You have my heart melting away like warm gooey chocolate!
    Love every bit of it and love you for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you more. See, i dedicated an entire blog to you guys! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey girlie liked it lots...sheh now i'm thinking i could've written something too for my bunch of bumchums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna ba! And you know, the day isn't over yet! :)

      Delete
  3. aww...bidsa darlin'...sniff...m almost in tears....what a beautiful piece...thnx for dedicating it to us "yellow people"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks My Ev-aaa!!! And I survive for you guys!

      Delete
  4. Looser........ if you keep writing like this you might win the noble prize before me.. please please leave it for me......!!! Bdw.. still my fav. Tagore in the making just like how you meddle with words..... Words are often so soft like water that they overflow in this puny little brain of mine... if i was a critique i'd mark you 10 but as your frnd i will give you a 9 coz............. welll jus coz... i can do that and not kiss up to you or nething.. muhahahaha still going evil signing of my true new name ALEX ALSIKE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First of al, I LOVE YOUR REAL NAME WOMAN! and second I'm no tagore but thanks for the encouragement. You know we both need it :)

      Delete